5.18.2010

What A Day

Today is a good day, but can I just rant for a second here?? I normally try to take everything in stride, but this morning is just not my morning!

To start, my poor Little Man rolled right off of the bed in the middle of the night. (Yes, I'm back to bed sharing!) I can't believe it. I don't even know how it happened, but I swear my maternal instincts woke me up before he even hit the floor. And he was in my arms and nursing before he had a chance to cry.
On top of the midnight mommy fail, Chazz had a very important eye appt at 8:30 this morning. I woke up at 8:28. {oh sure chazz, you choose today of all days to not wake up at the buttcrack of dawn!} But I managed to get us all together, out the door, and to the appt in 20 minutes. Whew!

Ok, vent over, on to the good stuff!

The appt went well! It was a follow up to the original ONH diagnosis, and we discussed the MRI and his progress. Chazz is tracking a lot better with his eyes. He does seem to have periferal vision in his left eye, which is a relief! The MRI showed that he does have a smaller pituitary gland, so we are keeping close tabs on his growth. Since getting a 6 month old to cooperate for an eye exam is next to impossible, we won't know be tackling that until his next eye appt at 1 year old. At that point, we will know how well he can see, if glasses could help, and a little more about how it will or will not effect how he learns.

I am suprised at how well I handled the appt. No tears, I remembered all of my questions, and it offered a lot of closure for me. He doesn't have the brain deformities that are often hand in hand with ONH. It's like a huge weight has been lifted, and there is somewhere to go from here. I'm just thankful to have my happy, healthy, handsome boy!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

Amy said...

My LO rolled off the couch last week. We all have those moments. I am so glad you got good news today!

Heather said...

Stopping by from the blog party! Hope you're having a good time!

Sorry about your mommy fail. Unfortunatly we all have them, but thank goodness for our mommy instincts! Crazy how that works. I swear I will do something heroic and save Babygirl from falling/hitting her head/whatever before my brain even realizes what just happened.

The Mommyologist said...

Glad that it sounds like you got some good news!! Doctor visits with the little ones are never fun!