5.03.2010

Mum's NumNums- Tropical Medley

I spent my lazy Sunday making more purées. I really need to invest in proper baby food making gear, my poor blender has really taken a beating!

Here is a veggie/fruit combo I made as a "stage 2" food. We're not there yet, but I just added less BM so it was a thicker purée. (This is so good, try it, but save some for baby!)

Tropical Medley

What I Used:
1 butternut squash
1 papaya
2 pears

What to Do:
Peel the squash and remove the seeds and steam until tender.
Peel the pear, core, then slice and add to the pan. Simmer for 10 mins.
Remove the skins and seeds from the papaya and dice.
Put all the ingredients into a blender and puree, thin with a little BM. I used about 3 tablespoons. It always seems to thin a little after thawing...

Freeze the extra portions in an ice cube tray and store in ziplocks for up to 3 months.

I take out a cube or two to let it thaw overnight in the fridge. 1 cube= about 1 oz.

I can't wait to see how Chazz likes it. It smells really good, and is super creamy.

And if he doesn't eat it, I just might.



0 comments: