5.27.2010

The Somewhat Effective Schedule








Does anyone else feel like this? Like on the bad days, the day is gone before I'm out of my PJ's. And on the good days, I'm still miles behind on my to do list. I can never get it all done! Like D-O-N-E done.

I'll be the first to admit, we are far from finding domestic bliss in our home, and I never stop trying. But a post over at Accustomed Chaos got me thinking about what's really important. Keeping a clean house is important, but having fun with Chazz is top priority.

I'm trying to keep that in mind while in search of the perfect schedule. Something to fit in all of the things that need done and fun time too! It needs to fit in the following, but but flexible enough to roll with naps, nursing, and a teething baby. And a lot of playtime!

*Eat breakfast (Always a challenge!)
*Get Chazz and I ready
*Pick up, light cleaning, dishes
*Run arrands, sort mail, pay bills
*Dinner and prep
*Work out and/or get out!
*Relax and Free time

Here is what I came up with. There is time inbetween so that I can tend to Chazz if he gets fussy, or just wants to play!






I'm going to try to stick to this schedule in hopse of getting something, anything, done. But the end of the day, if I have a messy house and a happy baby, the day is still a success in my book!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Devan @ Accustomed Chaos said...

♥ I am so glad my post got you thinking. I think it is so important to take off the pressure!

You are right - a happy baby is a successful day. Heck, some days are so crazy it can be successful if you both survived with your heads attached.

Much love Mama! You are doing a great job!

pamlovesbooks said...

dear chelsie
you are doing a great job! as an "older" mama i didnt have the privilege to be able to stay home when mine were young. Enjoy and savor the days and who cares about a dirty house, that is not what the kids remember. they remember the love, mine have told me that.
keep up the good work!