4.06.2010

Mum's NumNums- Banana


This is something I have wanted to do since we first found out we were pregnant. Not only are we saving money, but it is comforting to know that Chazz is getting wholesome food with no fillers. I can make sure only quality organic food is going into his tiny tummy!
He hasn't had many solids yet, just squash, sweet potatoes, and bananers, but I just had to do something, so I'm starting with bananas!

What I Used:
-10 ripe organic bananas
-4 oz. BM (or formula)
-blender
-2 ice cube trays

What I Did:
*I first sliced the bananas and then mashed them in a bowl.

*Then simply blended with BM until it was really smooth.

*I poured it into 2 ice cube trays and let freeze over night.









I transported the cubes into ziplocks to store.

Just pull out a cube or two and let it thaw overnight in the fridge for fast meal planning. How easy!

Total Savings: about $8.64
The average cost for 5 ounces of Gerber- $1.40
That's $0.28 per ounce!
VS
1lb (yield 32oz) organic bananas- $0.49
That's $0.014 per ounce!


1 comments:

Debbi said...

Homemade bananas are my son's favorite breakfast. If you go to babies r us they have little containers you can freeze your food in. Makes it easier when on the go, etc. I love making my little one's food. It really is so easy. Let's trade recipes!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower!